The following guidelines can result in a lifetime of use from a scissor.
- Be careful not to drop scissors as this can cause nicks, damage and bending of the blades and prevents smooth blade glide
- Never use professional scissors to cut anything except hair. Even cutting paper can damage professional hairdressing scissors
- Regularly clean scissors using a soft cloth or soft leather. Ensure loose hair is removed from the tension screw
- Regularly oil scissor pivot with the professional scissor oil provided
- Check the blade tension regularly. If tension is too tight blades will grind together. If the tension is too loose the blades will fall out of control. Tight tension can cause additional wear and loose blades can cause blade damage and nicks.
- Only have scissors serviced and sharpened by the manufacturers authorised service agent.